If you are being chased by Tru Blu Collection Services Pty for debts that you have not paid, then unfortunately you may have been victim to some of the sleaziest collection tactics used by Australian debt collectors today.
If Tru Blu Collection Services Pty have contacted you, then you have a debt you did not pay back and it was sold to them. You by now have received a call/email/letter, saying they own the debt and you need to contact them immediately or else….
Ignoring this whilst easy, means they adopt the new tactic of social media. Do you own a Facebook account or Instagram, maybe send out some Snapchats to mates. They have a team of people that search only for your friends/family/work colleagues. Searching tagged posts of you on nights out, meals in restaurants with friends. From fake accounts, they will friend/follow and call your friends to inform them you owe debt and need to pay. So now after visiting neighbours, calling work, they contact all your online social media contacts, everyone is asking you why Tru Blu Collection Services Pty are contacting them?
However, there are many strategies and tactics you can adopt to beat them and they are so heavily regulated, you can also use the system to get rid of them. Why should you pay a $30,000 debt with added interest and charges, when Tru Blu Collection Services Pty bought it off the bank for $1500!?
Delete and Dispute any Defaults on your Credit File with this Free trick!
One unfortunate factor with being in debt, is that Tru Blu Collection Services Pty will put a default on your credit file, which will stop you being able to get credit. So one tactic I would suggest, is to access for free you credit file and have a look for any defaults and if there is, then click dispute next to all of them. I have found many times, companies put defaults on your file much earlier than they should, so you can sometimes clear your file/improve your credit score straightaway. The free one I used was this one
What happens if I don’t pay back Tru Blu Collection Services Pty?
The law is now unfortunately completely on their side when it comes to consumer debt owed. Once they have tried all their tactics, from social media, calling your work, calling your neighbours, calling your partners family, they simply take you to court. Now that is not a problem if you have no job, no money and no house/unit. However, if you have any of the above, even if your partner lives under the same roof as you, then your liable for the debt. A judge can issue an order on your wages/assets/home. On Centrelink, have no cash, they do not care. This is why you have to stop them now.
Although most collectors stay within the bounds of the law, others behave in ways that are outrageous, heartless and/or just plain illegal. OK, let’s start from the beginning. By taking their business to pieces, you will see that hiding behind the mask of fear and bullying, it is in fact YOU that is control, not them.
- DCA’s are a business, 99% are not here to help you or listen to your problems. Dog died, car on fire, lost your wallet? They don’t care….Imagine a room with 100 people sitting at individual desks, with headsets on. These sales people are paid a bonus in accordance to how much they can get you to pay off the debt.
- The staff at these call centres have morning meetings before they begin. Here, they are given tactics on how to get you to pay e.g. ‘ …tell them we have their neighbours’/bosses number and we will ask them for the money’….or…’if you don’t pay today, we will make arrangements to have your parents’ car taken away and sold off to pay off the debt’. The bosses at these companies tell the staff how much money they expect each of them to collect by the end of the day. When these people call you, talking/negotiating with them is as effective as double sided playing card
- Where do Tru Blu Collection Services Pty get the debts?…..they buy them, and in bulk . They have sales guys that target banks, institutions, mobile phone operators and buy a large collection of these debts for a % of the debt. What does this mean?….Let’s say your debt from Bank ‘A’ is an old credit card and was for $1678…….usually the DCA buys it for 10-20% of original value. However they will demand full amount, plus, their own charges on top. So they pay around $300 and try and get over $2000 off you, and over a fixed agreed time, you can begin to see why they make so much money and don’t care about personal circumstances.
Now they have a database of all these debts in front of them with telephone numbers and addresses given from the original debtor…now what? They want cash from you, as quick as possible , with the least amount of effort on their part. So now they adopt various methods of achieving that…….
- A standard letter Tru Blu Collection Services Pty is sent to you, asking for the amount, plus charges back. Often breaching Aussie guidelines and making official looking documents intended or likely to, mislead debtors as to their status, for example, documents made to resemble court claims.
- Phone calls – A favourite tactic – calling you about 5-10 times a day, on every number they have to contact you, mobile, home and work. Sometimes sending texts and asking you to call them back on premium rate numbers (which is illegal) Imagine the above happening to you everyday for the next month. This is physical/psychological harassment, it is illegal and once again something else that you can stop.
- Now they will begin the nasty and often illegal tactics if they still have no success collecting the full amount, these include – which are all illegal -contacting you at unreasonable times, ignoring legitimate wishes in respect of when and where to contact you, claiming instructions from the courts, claiming to be bailiffs. Falsely implying or stating that action can or will be taken when it legally cannot us a business name which implies public body status, or falsely implying or stating that failure to pay a debt is a criminal offence or that criminal proceedings will be brought if debtors to pay in full, in unreasonably large instalments, or to increase payments when they are unable to do so. All of which are illegal
Are they calling you 100 times a day at all hours?
When your debt was sold, your details automatically went onto their database. This is used by a team of telesales agents, paid commission to chase you. Also the Auto-responders that churn out the annoying emails/letters etc Getting removed form this list, halts the hassle.
Tru Blu Collection Services Pty Debt Collection. Don’t pay them until you’ve read this
Now you have a much better understanding of who you are dealing with and more importantly who Tru Blu Collection Services Pty are. I will be writing in my next article –
So do not panic and let this company takeover your life, nothing gives me greater joy than helping people who are receiving harrasment and threats from them. On the right hand side there is a “Contact us for Help” form, simply put your name in and tell me what your situation is and I will help you stop them too!